Ceramic tile is one of the most abused and overlooked floor and wall surfaces in the home simply because of the care involved in cleaning it. No one is anxious to relive the terrible memories of scrubbing each tile and grout line for hours with a small brush and of using those irritating, harsh, and unsafe chemicals. Most of us would rather rearrange our sock drawer. So we wait and wait …
The good news is Janssen’s Certified Technicians can make short work of this task. Whether your tile is in your kitchen, bathroom, or some other area of your home, those stubborn stains, embedded bacteria, and germs don’t stand a chance. Your tile and grout will look very much as it did the day it was installed.
Here are the steps we take in the TILE and GROUT CLEANING PROCESS
- Home Entry Protection: Upon approach to your front door, our technicians will place a protective mat outside your home. Technicians will put “booties” over their shoes to prevent tracking of outside soil into your home.
- Pre-Inspection & Pre-Test: Technicians will make note of all challenging areas and set your expectations as well as come up with a solution for each area. Your tile will be pre-tested to determine what type of tile it is.
- Area Preparation: We will prepare the area surrounding the tile, making sure not to disturb any carpet, hardwood floors, walls, cabinets, etc. At this point all furniture that will be cleaned under is moved.
- Dry Soil Removal: Our technicians thoroughly sweep and or vacuum the area, maximizing the results we obtain. As in any cleaning process, dry soil removal is crucial step.
- Pre-condition: A high quality cleaning solution will be generously applied to the entire surface of your tile. This cleaning agent penetrates the grout breaking down dirt, grease, oils and spills.
- Cleaning: Complex and difficult areas are agitated manually with a brush and for really challenging heavy use areas, a mechanical rotating brush is employed. The entire area is then cleaned using a variety of methods depending on tile type.
- Rinsing: The tile is thoroughly rinsed cleaning, sanitizing and balancing the pH of your tile. Leaving no sticky residue behind.
- Sealer application: The type of sealer and application varies on what surface it is being applied to. We highly recommend sealing, however, this step is optional.
- Post inspection: Technicians will initiate a walk through and go over results before leaving.